Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: expat chef armed with a bottle of Famous Grouse chased off two machete-wielding robbers who tried to rob her local bar.
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
expat chef armed with a bottle of Famous Grouse chased off two machete-wielding robbers who tried to rob her local bar. The 5ft 4ins heroine...

expat chef armed with a bottle of Famous Grouse chased off two machete-wielding robbers who tried to rob her local bar.
The 5ft 4ins heroine Suzie – whose nickname is ‘Rambo’ – grabbed the bottle of whisky off the bar, smashed it and threatened the masked pair.
Incredibly, the balaclava-wearing duo were so terrified of the former soldier they fled in panic, with her chasing them down the street.
“I don’t know what came over me,” Suzie told the Olive Press. “I just went into a zone.
“I realised no one was going to do anything so I decided it was up to me.”
The chef, from Plymouth, in Devon, had been drinking in JJ’s bar in Riviera del Sol, when the pair, described as Moroccan and in their 20s, came in just before closing time.
They walked straight up to the bar and demanded the barmaid put the day’s takings into a white plastic bag.
It was then that the red mist decended and chef Suzie – who asked not to give her surname – jumped into action.


The 47-year-old chef, who works at the nearby Garden Bar, explained: “I was in the army for 16 years and it is just in my nature to protect people.
“I honestly wasn’t even scared,” she continued. “Everyone else was left very shaken but I slept like a baby.”
Bar owner Jesma Mackie, 61, praised the heroics. “She’s either very brave or very stupid. She was as cool as a cucumber. I don’t think the robbers will ever come back .”

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top